Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Card/Letter 2012

For our Christmas card/letter I had the idea of having it book themed, centered around the books that defined our year, so of course, a library was the perfect location!  I envisioned a picture of us sitting together reading, not realizing that my husband would think this was totally lame (he did it anyway).  Each year I think I'll start earlier, maybe even book a professional photographer and every year... I last minute ask one of my talented friends to snaps some pictures for us.  This year felt like a real photo session, thanks for my wonderful friend Johanna.  I have learned to go into photos with my family with zero expectations, but the boys did pretty good, and even had a little fun.  So my vision all came together, with outfits we already had (I just sewed up some bow ties with fabric I already had) and my amazing friend/sister found my dress at a thrift store! I absolutely love it! Maybe next year, I'll actually write the "Christmas Letter" before Christmas, instead of in February... we shall see.
AND... here's some reality!

1 comment:

Jenna Rabe said...

So fun!! Love how creative this is. You look gorgeous and the boys are so cute!