Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Keeping it Real

Today the boys & I spotted a coyote! They were very excited & wanted to call someone to share this very exciting news! After not reaching their dad, they thought Papa would appreciate knowing they had seen a coyote, and got a big surprise when It was Uncle Matt on the other end. This is what I love about Matt... He keeps it real. Between my boys & my brother there is a lot of honesty going on. 

Brody: "Uncle Matt, you are Cookie Monster. You talk funny." 

Matt: (when he sees me) "You got a big zit! Are you okay, Darcy? You look tired. You know what, don't have any more kids. It's too much. (A little late now) Listen. I give you advise. You take a nap today, okay." 

There it is. Just good old fashioned truth. I do have a huge zit, am super tired & just came from workout group. Probably should have listened to his advise about not adding to the chaos, but I'm 14 weeks pregnant... Even Matt knows that's craziness. And, oh how I wish a nap was in my near future. So, if you need a little humility, I can give you Matt's number. He always has lots of good advise... He accepts cheeseburgers for payment! 

1 comment:

Jenna Rabe said...

Oh Matt. Love that Matt so much. He tells it like it is. Loved this post Darcy! And maybe you should take a nap ;)